UK police
Four people have been arrested following the murder of a teenager Reuters

Four people have been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a man at a nightclub in Coventry.

An 18-year-old male died following a disturbance at the Society club on Tower Street in the early hours of 15 March.

The victim was found outside with a stab wound to the neck and was alter pronounced dead in hospital.

Another 18-year-old man suffered a stab wound to the back, while a 17-year-old lad was also slashed across the arm with a knife. Their injuries are not life threatening.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "Ambulance staff arrived to find a man in a critical condition.

"He subsequently suffered a cardiac arrest and ambulance staff began advanced life support which continued on the way to hospital.

"Unfortunately, shortly after the man's arrival at the hospital it became apparent nothing could be done to save him and he was confirmed deceased."

West Midlands Police said four men Four men have now been arrested on suspicion of murder and are being questioned at separate police stations in Birmingham and Warwickshire.

The owner of the nightclub said they are "devastated" at the news and added the club will be closed until further notices.

A spokesperson said: "Our sincere condolences, thoughts and Prayers go out to the family and friends of the young man who has tragically lost his life.

"We always take every possible measure in place when planning any event at the club. We have worked closely with the authorities, security teams and have tried to make the club a place for people of Coventry to enjoy and safety has always been of the highest priority.

"It is with regret that after this incident we will be closing the club with immediate effect until further notice.

"For several years we have tried to put on the best events we can to move the city forward. We currently feel that we can no longer invest our time, energy and monies into a community where abhorrent acts such as this have taken place.

"We are obviously devastated and still in shock by the news and we urge anyone to come forward with details of the incident to contact West Midlands Police immediately."