Update: XXBLK9 Firmware Download Link is Now Available (check downloads section below)
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 (Wi-Fi) users can now relish the official Jelly Bean Over-The-Air (OTA) update through Samsung KIES, as the update is now available for download in Germany. Those users who missed out the opportunity can now manually download and install the same on their phone using this guide.
Users who have installed stock ROMs on their phones, can access the OTA update feature via KIES software. However, those outside Germany can also download and install the XXBLK9 firmware manually, using ODIN.
With due credit to Android developers, the official OTA update will feature all the stock Jelly Bean features, besides expected premium features such as multi-view, multi window or paper artist built into it.
Android 4.1.1 XXBLK9 Firmware Details
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- The Android 4.1.1 XXBLK9 firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 Wi-Fi model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings (including bookmarks, contacts, SMS, MMS, photos, videos, APNs and other internet settings) to avoid risk of data loss while flashing the official XXBLK9 firmware on your Galaxy Note.
- Verify that your phone's battery has at least 80 percent charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update on it.
- Make sure that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet on your computer. Download USB drivers from here.
- Ensure that USB debugging mode is enabled on your tablet by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development.
- You will lose access to custom ROMs such as CM10, Paranoid Android or AOKP after installing the official firmware. Besides, all associated third-party apps will be wiped out during the installation, as custom ROM will be replaced by the stock ROM.
- Custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod Recovery and TWRP Recovery will also be replaced by stock recovery, and you will lose root access to third-party custom apps after the firmware installation. You will need to root your device once again to regain full system access with root capability or Super User access.
- The flashing of this firmware will not increase the binary counter on your device or void its warranty, as it is an official release.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the official Jelly Bean OTA firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Download Android 4.1.1 N8010 XXBLK9 official firmware
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 (Wi-Fi) to Official Jelly Bean OTA with XXBLK9 Firmware
1. Extract XXBLK9 firmware zip file that you downloaded earlier to your computer's desktop. Now, you will get a .tar file and some other files.
2. Extract Odin zip file and you will see Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
3. Switch off your tablet and wait for about 5 to 6 seconds for vibration to confirm device shutdown.
4. Now, boot the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until Samsung Galaxy logo pops up on the screen. Wait for a few seconds and the device will enter download mode.
5. Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as Administrator to secure Admin privileges for completing the process seamlessly.
6. Now connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 with your computer using the original USB cable. A message shows up under Odin's message box in the bottom left saying "Added!!". If the message fails to appear then you should try another USB port (try the USB port located at the back of your computer for better performance). If you still face problems then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the "Added!!" message in Odin then you are ready to proceed to next step. The COM port number should turn yellow if you successfully added your device.
7. Select the following files in Odin that are accessible from the extracted N8010XXBLK9 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and choose the .tar file named 'code'
- Hit the Phone Button, and choose file named 'modem' (ignore the step, if such file is missing)
- Click the CSC Button, and choose file with named 'CSC' (ignore if such file is absent)
- Tap the PIT Button, and choose the .pit file. Use the file if you got it while extracting in step 1 earlier, else ignore it.
8. In Odin window, ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition option is checked, only if you are using a .pit file.
9. Verify everything in Step 7 and Step 8 are done correctly. Then, hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
10. Once the firmware is flashed, the tablet reboots automatically and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. Just unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 Wi-Fi is now successfully updated to official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA XXBLK9 firmware. Go to Settings >> About Tablet to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Android Jinn]