Fresh details of the forthcoming Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphones have surfaced online, as Samsung has reportedly started updating its official Swedish and Finnish websites with support documents for these devices.
According to the latest report on Galaxy Club (Google translated), the two models (SM-G920X and SM-G925X) shown on the website could actually represent the probable European variants of the devices, the SM-G920F and SM-G925F.
Though there are no proper product images or specification details available for these devices at the moment, the leaked support documents or user manuals clearly suggest that Samsung is likely to unveil one Edge variant of the Galaxy S6 with a dual-sided curved edge screen at the UNPACKED event at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) on 1 March.
Both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are expected to include a power-packed configuration including QHD Super AMOLED display, 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 SoCs, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, 16 megapixel (MP) rear camera with 4K video recording and 5MP front camera.
Among other key features, the S6 smartphones are likely to run Android 5.0 (Lollipop) out of the box with support for LTE Cat.10 connectivity.
As Korea Herald reports, Samsung recently filed a couple of patents or trademark applications for the "Galaxy S6" and "S6 Edge" device names for its upcoming flagship smartphones.
Meanwhile, here is the complete list of leaked Galaxy S6 model numbers (courtesy of Phone Arena):
- Zero-F US - VERIZON SM-G920V_NA_VZW
- Zero US - AT&T SM-G925A_NA_ATT
- Zero EUR - OPEN SM-G925F_EUR_XX
- Zero-F CA (Canada) - BELL MOBILITY SM-G920W8_NA_BMC
- Zero-F US - SPRINT PCS SM-G920P_NA_SPR
- Zero CA - BELL MOBILITY SM-G925W8_NA_BMC
- Zero US - VERIZON SM-G925V_NA_VZW
- Zero-F - EUR OPEN SM-G920F_EUR_XX
- Zero US - T-MOBILE (US) SM-G925T_NA_TMB
- Zero US - SPRINT PCS SM-G925P_NA_SPR
- Zero US - US CELLULAR SM-G925R4_NA_USC
- Zero-F US - AT&T SM-G920A_NA_ATT
- Zero-F US - US CELLULAR SM-G920R4_NA_USC
- Zero-F US - T-MOBILE (US) SM-G920T_NA_TMB
However, it is still not clear if the edge screen version will be called the "Galaxy S6 Edge" or simply "S6 Edge" once the device is unveiled at the MWC.