Everyday Londoners displayed heroic acts of bravery on Saturday night (3 June) after three terrorists ploughed a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before stabbing people in nearby Borough Market.

The attackers, who were all shot dead at the scene, killed at least seven and injured 48 people.

The brave actions of members of the public around Borough Market saved lives over the weekend.

The bouncer who hurled bar stools and bottles at the terrorists

The doorman at the Wheatsheaf pub, 33-year-old Ozzy, hurled glasses, bottles and chairs at the attackers when he saw them knifing a woman outside the pub.

"I heard a serious amount of screaming and commotion coming from the street," he told reporters. "Me and a few of the doormen went to see what had happened. We saw three guys in camouflage trousers stabbing this woman."

Ozzy said he felt he had to something.

"Me and another guy started launching bar stools, bottles and glasses at them to try and disrupt them. It was completely chaotic, like a war zone," he said.

"They ran through the barrage and we deflected them and they literally ran straight into the cops, who shot them.

The Romanian baker who smashed a crate over head of an attacker

Florian Morariu Romanian baker
A still of Florian Morariu from the video of the London Bridge terror attack he posted to his Facebook page. Facebook/Florian Morariu

A still of Florian Morariu from the video of the London Bridge terror attack he posted to his Facebook page.Facebook/Florian Morariu

A Romanian baker stopped one of the terrorists from attacking more victims by hitting him over the head with a crate of bread.

When Florin Morariu, who works at the Bread Ahead bakery in Borough Market, saw the three men stabbing someone, he picked up one of the bread crates and smashed it over one of their heads.

After he struck the killer down, police told him to run as they rounded in on the attackers.

"There was a car with a loudspeaker saying 'go, go' and [the police] threw a grenade...and then I ran," he told the Associated Press.

The Spanish HSBC employee who shielded woman from attacker with his skateboard

Ignacio Echeverria
Ignacio Echeverria shielded a woman from a terrorist on London Bridge with his skateboard on 3 June 2017 Facebook/Pierre-NicolasChabanel

Spanish national Ignacio Echeverria used his skateboard as a weapon against one of the knife-wielding terrorists when he saw him stabbing a woman in Borough Market.

The HSBC bank employee was reportedly on his way home after skating in a park with friends when he confronted the attacker and attempted to save the woman's life.

The 39-year-old was last seen lying on the pavement near London Bridge. His sister Isabel has launched an appeal on Facebook to try and find him.

The heroic woman who blocked attacker from entering a restaurant

Another taxi driver, named Aksha Patel, told Sky News about the heroic act of one of his passengers who used her own body to barricade the entrance to the Black and Blue restaurant, preventing a terrorist from entering the building.

As she blocked the attacker's way, people managed to escape through the back entrance.

"She knew they were bad people trying to break in. She managed to hold the door for a few seconds but they overpowered her. People managed to escape through the rear door so she saved maybe 20 people's lives," Patel said, adding that the woman safely escaped from the terrorists.

The journalist who bravely confronted the terrorists

Geoff Ho
Geoff Ho, business editor of the Sunday Express, bravely confronted the terrorists who attacked people around London Bridge and Borough Market on 3 June 2017 Facebook/GeoffHo

The business editor of the Sunday Express newspaper, Geoff Ho, was stabbed by one of the attackers after he confronted him. The journalist, who practises kung fu and kickboxing, bravely intervened when the attackers rounded on a bouncer outside the Southwark Tavern.

Footage later emerged of Ho clutching his bleeding neck as he was led down the street by a police officer.

A friend launched an appeal on Twitter to find Ho. She wrote: "This is one of my oldest and best friends Geoff Ho. Please help us find him in London. He was stabbed and in an ambulance."

Ho was later found to be in hospital in intensive care. His condition is not known.

Sunday Express editor Martin Townsend described Ho as "an absolutely first class reporter and a fine and decent man."

"Our thoughts are with him and his family at this time. We are all hoping and praying for a speedy recovery," he said.

The Millwall fan who fought back against the knife men

Roy Larner
Roy Larner was stabbed five times after he confronted the terrorists Facebook/Simon Willoughby

A father-of-one was hailed a hero after he fought back against the terrorists, allowing others to flee.

Roy Larner was stabbed five times and is in intensive care in hospital. His friend set up a crowdfunding page to raise money for the football fan.

A statement on the page read: "Roy got caught up in the terror attack at London Bridge and was badly injured whilst protecting lives.

"A Millwall supporter and in my mind a proper hero and deserves our support and aid to help him on his recovery."

More than 9,000 people have signed a petition calling for Larner to be awarded the George Cross for his exceptional bravery.

The cabbie who tried to ram into the attackers

A taxi driver has told how he tried to drive his car into the three attackers as they stabbed passers-by on Borough High Street.

The driver, who declined to give his name, said the three attackers were stabbing people "randomly" with "long blades".

He told LBC radio: "I thought, 'I'm gonna try and hit him, I'm gonna try and knock him down.' I spun the cab round. I was about to ram one of them but he sidestepped and three police officers came running towards them with their batons drawn," he said.

"I was shouting at everybody, 'Just get away from the area, stay back, just run the other way.' There were a good few hundred people out there," he added.

He said the driver of the white van that had mowed pedestrians down on London Bridge veered across the road and crashed at the top of the steps by Southwark Cathedral and the entrance to the market.