ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 (touch and non-touch) is now ready to be installed on Nexus S. CWM recovery is one of most used custom recoveries that allows users to install ROMs, MODs, hacks and tweaks and comes with system-oriented functions.
Those looking to install the CWM recovery 18.104.22.168 on their device may check this tutorial. IBTimes UK cautions users it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. This installation is only for the Nexus S.
- Ensure all the data is backed up
- Make sure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging and ensure ADB is installed
- Ensure the device's bootloader is unlocked
To install CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124 on Nexus S:
- Download and extract the Fastboot.zip file, copy the same in the root of C drive in PC. Copy the recovery file (touch or non-touch) to the fastboot folder
- Turn the device off and boot into fastboot mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons until you see the bootloader screen)
- Connect the device to PC using USB cable. Windows will now install the drivers
- Open the command prompt as an Administrator and type the following commands
fastboot flash recovery cwm-crespo-126.96.36.199-touch.img
- The device will now reboot
You should now have CWM Recovery 188.8.131.52 (touch or non-touch) installed on your Nexus S
Note: To boot the device into recovery, turn the device off and then boot into bootloader. Once you are in bootloader browse to Recovery Mode and choose the same using Power button.
[Information Courtesy: Android Jinn]