Samsung has released the Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system for Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P7510. The update for ICS Build UELPL has been made available via Samsung Kies or Over-The-Air (OTA). The Android Authority reports the update brings improvement in performance as well as stability such as a smooth user interface, better data management and Face Unlock feature.
In July, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi P7510 received the update of Build XXLPH. Users who cannot wait for the OTA update will now have a chance to update their device via flash. IBTimes UK advises all users to make a backup of documents and settings. The method below is compatible only with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 with model number P7510. Implementing the procedure on any other device could put your device at risk. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any damage.
Requirements: Ensure that the device's USB drivers are installed on your PC. You can do so by installing Samsung Kies. Download UELPL firmware and Odin3 v1.85 and save them on your PC. The USB debugging has to be enabled on your tablet.
- Extract the Odin file and copy the contents to a desired location on your PC
- Extract P7510UELPL_P7510XABLPL_XAB.zip to your PC. You should now be able to extract P7510XABLPL_P7510UELPL_HOME.tar.md5 file
- Turn off the tablet and boot into Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. Keep holding the buttons, until the screen turns on. Now, release the buttons and immediately press Volume Up button in order to enter into Download mode
- On your PC, head to the location where you have extracted Odin and then double-click the Odin3 v1.85.exe files
- After launching Odin, choose PDA button and browse for P7510XABLPL_P7510UELPL_HOME.tar.md5 file
- Now, connect the tablet to PC through USB cable. On connecting, you can see a message saying "Added!!" If you do not see the message the reinstall drivers
- Push Start button in Odin in order to begin flashing the firmware. On completing the flash, your tablet will reboot by itself
- Disconnect the tablet after a Samsung logo appears. You can now see a message saying, "PASS".
You have now upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-P7510 to Android 4.0.4.
[Information Courtesy: Android Authority]