Earl Hayes, the close friend of boxing champion Floyd Mayweather, allegedly killed his wife in a murder-suicide.
According to TMZ, the 31-year-old rapper shot his wife, actress and dancer Stephanie Moseley, before turning the gun on himself following a blazing row in their Los Angeles apartment.
Sources claimed that before the incident occurred Hayes flew into a rage and rang Mayweather on FaceTime accusing his wife of infidelity. He is now being treated as a potential witness.
Law enforcement officials also confirmed that they rushed to the scene and broke down the door after residents reported hearing 10 gunshots.
Moseley, 30, was a star on VH1's drama series Hit The Floor and had also appeared in vampire franchise Twilight. Celebrities including Chris Brown, Rihanna and former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts have paid tribute to the aspiring actress on social media.
Earl Hayes facts
- He was previously signed to Mayweather's music label Philthy Rich records.
- The 31-year-old was the son of singer-songwriter and actor Isaac Hayes.
- He was part of the boxing champ's entourage and was often seen partying with him.
- According to TMZ, Hayes had accused Moseley of cheating with a famous singer.
- Hayes' life coach Burrel Wilks told NBC Los Angeles that the rapper was in the process of breaking up with his partner.
- He posted his last tweet on Thanksgiving, which read:
"I'm Thankful for private screenings on ThanksGiving Gobble Gobble Ma Tha F***a's andres_felipe..."
- He and his wife lived in an apartment in LA residence Palazzo East. The gated community is also home to stars including comedian Russell Brand, Strictly judge Bruno Tonioli and former rugby player Thom Evans.
- Hayes was an avid social media user and had 19k followers on Instagram and 11k on Twitter.
- Mayweather was reportedly the last person he spoke to before allegedly killing his wife and then taking his own life.