Post the global rollout of the Samsung Galaxy S6, the technology firm has released the stock firmware based Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for users of the high-end device in the United Kingdom.
With build number G920FXXU1AOCV, the update is for the global version of Galaxy S6 bearing model number SM-G920F.
This new build is a maintenance update with regular fixes and performance improvements. If you are in the UK, connect your Galaxy S6 to the Samsung Kies server and check for the update.
Users staying outside the firmware supported region can also update their S6 using our step-by-step guide below. Note: The G920FXXU1AOCV is an unbranded version of the firmware and you should be having an unlocked version of SM-G920F to install the update.
- Model: SM-G920F
- Model name: Galaxy S6
- Country: United Kingdom
- Version: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Changelist: 4497415
- Build date: 28 March
- Product code: VIR
- PDA: G920FXXU1AOCV
- CSC: G920FVIR1AOCN
- Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers for Galaxy S6 on the computer.
- Create a back up of all important data of the phone using custom recovery, before following the installation guide.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option].
- Ensure your S6 has at least 80% battery charge. As the device could shut down during the process due to lack of battery, and in turn brick the device.
- You should be have an unlocked Galaxy S6 SM-G920F model.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The phone will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of the official firmware.
- The Lollipop stock firmware build G920FXXU1AOCV works with Galaxy S6 only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop G920FXXU1AOCV stock firmware on Galaxy S6 SM-G920F
Step 1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step 2: Extract the Odin zip
Step 3: Switch off your Galaxy S6
Step 4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step 5: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step 6: Connect the S6 to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step 7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file extracted in step-1
Step 8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Also, Re-Partition checkbox should be unticked
Step 9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin
Step 10: The installation should start now. It would take a few minutes to complete the installation. Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When you see the home screen on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the phone safely
Your Galaxy S6 should now be running smoothly with the new stock build. Go to Settings>> About phone, to check software information.
[Source: Team Android]