Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users, who have subscribed to Verizon's wireless network services in the US, should now see the highly expected Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update for their smartphones.
Verizon has officially announced the latest rollout, which means owners of the Galaxy Note 4 will get new over-the-air (OTA) notifications for the Android Lollipop firmware upgrade.
The latest Android Lollipop software bears version number LRX22C.N910VVRU1BOAF.
Android Lollipop OS upgrade, for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users, brings along the following new features and enhancements:
- Material Design: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by material design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Advanced Calling 1.0 feature: Video calls sub-header and Video calling option added to Call menu. Advanced Calling menu added to Settings.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- S-Health incorporated: Three opaque widgets added to S Health folder (Coach and two additional pedometer styles).
The following aspects are now replaced with new features:
- Blocking mode removed (replaced with 'Do not disturb' feature).
- Sound text updated to 'Sound and notification'
- Volume controls moved up to first menu depth
- 'Notification' sub-header added with 'Do not disturb', 'While locked' and 'Application notifications' options.
- Smart Lock feature added.
- Switch Access menu added to allow user to control device using configurable key combinations.
- Recording mode in Camera has been removed from Settings
- Slow motion and Fast motion added to Camera Mode
Download and installation of Android Lollipop OS update:
The Android Lollipop OS firmware update will be available via OTA, but if you have not received a notification as yet, you can check for it manually by following the steps below:
- From the home screen of your devices, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About Phone > Software updates > Check for updates
- Select Download Now
- When download is complete, a screen will appear informing you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Select Install Now
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear indicating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK
Installation of server-initiated OTA update:
- After new software is available for your smartphones, it will automatically start downloading in the background. After download completes, you will be notified about installation. Tap Install Now.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S5 will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed, tap OK. To check the current software version, navigate to Home screen > Menu > Settings > About Phone.