Google's Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update which reached South Korean electronics major LG's G3 smartphones, continues its roll out to users of the flagship smartphone.
Android 5.0.1 bearing build number LRX21Y has leaked out, and the update reportedly brings with it a refreshed graphical user interface similar to the more recent G3 flagship smartphone.
However, the latest Android 5.0.1 build is believed to be initially restricted to LG G2 owners in South Korea, but is expected to be available internationally bearing software version D802.
Though its features are not official at the moment, the above update clearly indicates that Android 5.0.1 will be available to LG G2 users in the very near future. LG G2 smartphone users are advised to check out their smartphones for the OTA update.
Key hardware aspects of LG G2:
- 5.2in display enclosed within Gorilla Glass 2 casing
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS out of the box; upgradeable to Android 4.2.2 Kitkat and now reportedly to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 2.26 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 13MP rear camera
- 2.1MP front camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB fixed internal storage
- 4G LTE, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed 3000 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery which is claimed to offer a talk-time of up to 17 hours on 3G