Apple has just rolled out its newest iOS 9.0.2 bug-fix update for a spate of supported devices, just a week after releasing its first maintenance update, the iOS 9.0.1. Interested users can now access the update over-the-air (OTA) directly through Settings > General > Software Update.
iOS 9.0.2 compatible devices
iOS 9.0.2 is available as free upgrade for the following compatible devices:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, Retina iPad mini, 1st gen iPad mini
- 6th generation iPod touch, 5th generation iPod touch
Note: Avid iOS jailbreakers are advised to hold off updating their device to iOS 9 or later, as there are no working jailbreaks available for Apple's newest iOS software.
iOS 9.0.2 changelog
The second bug-fix update for iOS 9 brings a host of improvements and fixes for numerous inherent bugs, which are disclosed below:
- Fixes an issue with the setting to toggle cellular data usage
- Resolved an issue that prevented iMessage activation for some users
- Resolves an issue where an iCloud Backup could be interrupted after starting a manual backup
- Fixes an issue where the screen could incorrectly rotate when receiving notifications
- Improves the stability of podcasts
- Fixes Lock Screen vulnerability caused by Siri
If for some reason you are unable to update your device to iOS 9.0.2 via OTA, then you can download and install the appropriate IPSW file for the same, using the links and tutorial provided below:
Direct download links for iOS 9.0.2
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi
iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular
iPad Air 2 (Model A1566)
iPad Air 2 (Model A1567)
iPad mini 3 (Model A1599)
iPad mini 3 (Model A1600)
iPad mini 3 (Model A1601)
iPad Air (Model A1474)
iPad Air (Model A1475)
iPad Air (Model A1476)
iPad mini 2 (Model A1489)
iPad mini 2 (Model A1490)
iPad mini 2 (Model A1491)
iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
iPad mini (Model A1432)
iPad mini (Model A1454)
iPad mini (Model A1455)
iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
iPad 2 Wi-Fi
iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
How to manually install or clean install iOS 9.0.2 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Download the latest version of iTunes for Mac or Windows depending on your configuration.
- Download the iOS 9 download link appropriate for your iDevice from the links provided.
- Disable Find My iPhone on your device by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and toggle it Off.
- Connect your iOS device to computer and open iTunes.
- Choose your device from the Summary tab under Settings from the left sidebar panel, once the device is detected in iTunes.
- Press and hold Alt key (on Mac) or hold the Shift key (on Windows) and then hit the Restore button in iTunes.
- iTunes will prompt you to select the .ipsw file you downloaded earlier in step 2.
You can wait until iTunes completes installing the iOS 9.0.2 bug-fix update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Once the installation is done, your device will automatically reboot to the Welcome or Hello screen.
[Source: iPhone Hacks]