American singer Lady Gaga is known as much for her music as she is for eccentric and weird outfits and, in fitting tribute, has been voted as one of TIME magazine's 100 most influential fashion icons.
The singer is all set to kick-start her mega-tour of Asia and Europe and an earlier IBTimes UK report spoke of her costumes for the tour, which were designed by famed Italian designer Giorgio Armani.
"Collaborating with Lady Gaga is always an exciting experience for me. I admire the way she uses fashion as a scenic element and as a means to build a character. She is an artist of many talents and great intelligence," Armani told Women's World Daily.
Now... as the singer gears up for her stage shows, we bring you the rundown of some of the most eccentric outfits Mother Monster has ever worn...
1. The Bubble Dress: The name says it all. Lady Gaga called this outfit the "bubble installation". The dress was originally designed for Hussein Chalayan's 2007 Spring runway show and later re-created for Lady Gaga.
"The show is meant to bring a tremendous feeling and sentiment of escapism. The bubble installation was inspired by a dress Hussein Chalayan made a few years ago. I couldn't get the dress, because it's, like, half-a-million dollars in a museum somewhere, but I remade it and I built a piano somewhere inspired by it," Gaga told MTV. She wore the dress for her "Fame Ball Tour" in 2009.
2. The Skeleton Costume: Also worn for the "Monster Ball Tour" of 2009, the costume was designed by Gary Card. After the concert, the singer donated her costume for auction (signing it between the ribs) in order to support Oxfam International and the Haiti Relief fund. The Toronto Sun described it as an "elaborate off-white costume that was a cross between the Alien ecto-skeleton, and a human one".
3. The Pyro Bra: Lady Gaga wore this innovative costume for her "Poker Performance" at the Much Music Video Awards in 2009. The unconventional costume shoots sparks out of her bra which can be controlled by a remote control. At the time, the singer said the outfit was a way of transforming a "female body into a weapon". The inspiration, apparently, came from Hawaii and designer Matthew Williams, who described the outfit as being "just sparklers - the old sparklers on the t**s trick".
4. The Meat Dress: A hugely controversial outfit made from... you guessed it... meat cuts. The costume was designed by Franc Fernandez and worn to receive her Video of the Year award from pop legend Cher in September 2010.
"There are no expensive cuts here, no real steaks. The best you've got is the flank steak on top of her head," Peter Cacioppo, a butcher at Ottomanelli Brothers, who provided the meat, told Buzz feed. The meat was 100 percent natural and there were no blood stains.
5. The Queen Dress: Designed by Alexandra McQueen, Lady Gaga resembled, according to MTV, royalty, when she came to the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles. She had her hair coloured in a shade of white and blue and wore a crown on her head to emphasise the royal look.
Now start the slideshow to see more of Mother Monster's wacky dresses...