England have won against Switzerland in their second Euro qualifier game with a convincing 3-1 win.

Theo Walcott went straight into the attack after the opening whistle, putting a significant pressure on the Swiss defence. Wayne Rooney and the star of last Friday's game against Bulgaria, Jermain Defoe, also made their presence felt for the Swiss defenders.

After just 10 minutes of play Rooney managed to secure a lead for England by slamming the ball into the Swiss goal at point blank range, following a cross from Glen Johnson that both Walcott and Defoe failed to connect with.

Sadly the goal was shortly followed by Walcott being taken off the field as a result of injury to his ankle.

England continued to control the game, with Defoe especially attempting to add to his hatrick scored against Bulgaria, but as of to no avail. Rooney and Adam Johnson, who scored his first goal for England last Friday also had convincing but ultimately unfruitful attempts on goal.

The defence minded Swiss did have some chances however. The home side took a free-kick, following a foul by Gareth Barry, and David Degen took a shot at England's goal, but was off-target.

At half time the score was 1-0.

When play resumed England, in the form of Adam Johnson and Rooney, continued the attack, while Switzerland's Gokhan Inler took a potshot at the England goal.

The second half saw the referee take out a few cards for both sides. James Milner received a yellow card following a tackle on Stephan Lichsteiner, meaning he will miss England's next game.

However Lichsteiner received a red after receiving a second yellow in the game after tackling, of all people, Milner.

With Switzerland down to 10 men England pressed the advantage with Steven Gerrard passing to Adam Johnson who scored.

Switzerland, 2-0 down, came to life for a ten minute spell and pulled one back with Xherdan Shaqiri, who came on at half time, smashing the ball into the England goal.

The Swiss, with new hope at 2-1, pressed forward and gave England a few scares but failed to equalise, while England took off both Defoe and Rooney, the former suffering from injury.

With just five minutes to go England ended Swiss hope when Darren Bent got the last of the game's goals, making the final score 3-1.