Cuba's former president, Fidel Castro has passed away at the age of 90, announced the Cuban state TV on Friday.
A historic figure, influential political leader and a prominent name when it comes to revolutions; Castro continues to live on through his thoughts and words. Here are popular quotes and messages, compiled by IBTimes UK to remember the Cuban nationalist by.
1. "A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past."
2. "Capitalism has neither the capacity, nor the morality, nor the ethics to solve the problems of poverty."
3. "I think that a man should not live beyond the age when he begins to deteriorate, when the flame that lighted the brightest moment of his life has weakened."
4. "Someday, the capitalist system will disappear in the United States, because no social class system has been eternal. One day, class societies will disappear."
5. "I find capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it causes war, hypocrisy and competition."
6. "No thieves, no traitors, no interventionists! This time the revolution is for real!"
7. "Good athletes do not know what tiredness is. They do not know what discouragement is. Good athletes only know what victory is."
8. "I am a Marxist Leninist and I will be one until the last day of my life."
9. "Men do not shape destiny, Destiny produces the man for the hour."
10. "I am Fidel Castro and we have come to liberate Cuba."