The Wi-Fi variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P600) has recently received Android 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware with build number P600XXUCND3. This 10in Note is one of the lucky devices in the Galaxy lineups to receive Android KitKat update.
The P600XXUCND3 build is the follow up of original Android 4.4.2 firmware. It is expected to bring minor bug fixes and other enhancements. Below are the firmware details of the new P600XXUCND3 build.
Model name: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wi-Fi
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 01 January
Product Code: PHE
The latest stock firmware is now available for Note 10.1 users in Spain as OTA update and via Samsung Kies server.
Those who are staying outside Spain and have not yet recieved the OTA notification may follow our step-by-step guide to install P600XXUCND3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P600 manually using Odin flashing tool.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the stock firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on tablet to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>>Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the Galaxy Note, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM or, TWRP installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The Galaxy Note should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The tablet will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery will be replaced by stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) P600XXUCND3 Android 4.4 2 KitKat works only with Wi-Fi Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition SM-P600. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Note 8.0 by navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number.
How to install P600XXUCND3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (Wi-Fi)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool to get a file with .tar.md5 extension with few other optional files
Step-2: Extract Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.09.exe and some other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy Note 10.1 and wait for five to six seconds for the vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-4: Reboot the Galaxy Note into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together
Step-5: Run Odin on computer as an Administrator
Step-6: Connect Note 10.1 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the tablet is connected an Added message will appear in Odin. If the message does not appear then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. In case that too does not work then re-install USB driver.
You should also see one of the ID: COM boxes in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number
Step-7: Click on AP button and select the .tar.md5 file which was extracted in step-1
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option
Step-9: Double check everything and click Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically and soon you should see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the top of Odin. When the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition should now have been updated with P600XXUCND3 Android 4.4.2 official firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About tablet to verify the new software version.
[Source: Team Android]