Samsung has released Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the 3G+Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Note 10.1 with model number GT-N8000. The update will boost the firmware version of the 10in Note to N8000XXUDNE4, which carries a build date of 18 May.
The update should be available over the air and though Samsung Kies server. Currently, it is available for Galaxy Note 10.1 users in Germany and expected to reach other parts of the globe soon.
As for new changes, the Android 4.4.2 update brings a great dela of features and improvements for the Galaxy Note 10.1 including faster performance, white status bar icons, improved battery life, full screen album art on the lock screen and wireless printing support. Below are the firmware details for N8000XXUDNE4 build.
Model name: Galaxy Note 10.1
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 18 May
Product Code: DBT
Those who failed to get the OTA notification or, access the update via Samsung Kies server for being region specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install N8000XXUDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat manually using Odin flashing tool.
As N8000XXUDNE4 build is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any unlocked GT-N8000 unit, regardless of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Before flashing the stock firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on tablet to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the Note, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
4) If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note 10.1 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The tablet will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) N8000XXUDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of S4 Active by navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number.
How to install N8000XXUDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with few other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy Note
Step-4: Place the tablet into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down button together
Step-5: Run Odinas Administrator on the computer
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy Note to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the tablet is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
N8000XXUDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat should now be installed and running on the Galaxy Note 10.1. Head over to Settings>> About tablet to verify the new firmware version running on the handset.
How to fix bootloop issue
If the Galaxy Note 10.1 gets stuck at booting animation (after step-10), go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power and buttons together. Now perform Wipe data/Factory reset then Wipe Cache Partition. Once the action is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Note that performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.