Followed by Android 4.1.2 (XXLPY) Jelly Bean, another official software update-Android 4.1.2 with base firmware XXLPZ-has been released for the international version of Samsung Galaxy S Advance with model number I9070.
The XXLPZ Jelly Bean firmware is originally for the Galaxy S Advance users from Russia but it is compatible with a number of European countries. The previous build reportedly brings several bug issues, which are expected to be fixed with the current XXLPZ Jelly Bean.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and the UK
Galaxy S Advance users can install the Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean firmware via OTA or Samsung Kies. However, those users who are unable to do so may follow the guide below to update their device manually. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify model number of their devices since the aforementioned Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Installing this build on any other variant, may brick the device.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S Advance.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Backup all the important data before proceeding.
4) The battery of Samsung Galaxy S Advance should have more than 80 percent of charge.
5) The device will lose custom ROMs once the official firmware is installed, which will replace the custom ROM.
6) Extract downloaded archive only once. If the extracted zip does not contain any Modem, CSC or pit file that means those files are not required.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean for Galaxy S Advance to the computer. Extract the firmware zip file to get a .tar file along with other files
2) Download Odin v3.07 and extract the zip file
3) Switch off the phone and place it into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a green robot indicating the device entered into Download Mode appears
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while the device is in the Download Mode. A message saying Added will arrive under Odin's message box. Moreover, if the device is successfully connected to the computer, COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
Note: In case the Added message does not come, then try another USB port. If that does not work too then reinstall the driver.
6) Select the files, which are extracted from the XXLPZ firmware older, in Odin to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window. Also verify the Re-Partition checkbox is selected, in case a .pit file in being used
8) Double check everything and finally hit the Start button in Odin to begin the installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and soon a Pass message with green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin will arrive. Now safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
[Note: If the Galaxy S Advance gets stuck at booting animation (after step 9) then enter in to recovery mode and perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then select reboot system now.]
Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean official firmware is now installed and running on the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on the phone.
Click here to see how to root Galaxy S Advance running on Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean.
[Source: Android Jinn]