The official update for the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, with base firmware DXAMD1, was recently rolled out for the international version of Samsung Galaxy S Advance bearing model number GT-I9070. The latest official build is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed through Samsung KIES server. Also, users from supported regions can install the update using Odin.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: April, 2013
Galaxy S Advance users who have already installed DXAMD1 Jelly Bean on their devices and wish to root the same, may follow our step-by-step guide. The tutorial uses root file released by recognised XDA developer, Shaaan. Head over to the development page to learn more about the features of the root file.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are also advised to ensure that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect the Android device with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a back-up. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP already installed then back up the data using the recovery.
4) The Galaxy S Advance should have above 80 per cent of battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose its manufacturer's warranty once it is rooted. But users can reclaim the warranty by unrooting it later. Click here for step-by-step guide to unroot Samsung Galaxy S Advance to stock official firmware.
7) The root file works only on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Flashing this on any incorrect variant is likely to brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by navigating to Settings>> About Phone>> Model number.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean
Step-1: Download root package for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer
Step-2: Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it with the computer. Then transfer the downloaded root zip file to the external SD card of the phone
Step-3: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and then turn the device off
Step-4: Boot the Galaxy S Advance into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the device turns on
Note: In recovery mode, use the Volume buttons to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option.
Step-5: Select install update from external sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Now browse to the root.zip which was earlier copied to the SD card of the device
Step-6: Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation should begin now and would take few minutes to complete
Step-7: When the installation is done, go back to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now
As the Samsung Galaxy S Advance boots up successfully, it should be rooted on official Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean. Users may now install any app that requires root permission.
Click here for guide to install Android 4.1.2 XXLQG Jelly Bean on Galaxy S Advance.
[Source: Honai of Android]