Samsung has recently released a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build with base firmware I9305XXUEML8 for the LTE version of Galaxy S3. The latest build can be installed as OTA update and through Samsung Kies server.
Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build date: 17 December
Galaxy S3 users, who have not received the I9305XXUEML8 Android 4.3 update for being region-specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually using Odin flashing tool. The I9305XXUEML8 firmware is for the Galaxy S3 LTE users in Singapore. It can be installed on any unlocked GT-I9305 unit as it is an unbranded version of firmware.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) I9305XXUEML8 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install I9305XXUEML8 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 LTE
Step-1: Download I9305XXUEML8 Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3 LTE to computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with some other files
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07 and extract it to get Odin3 v3.07.exe
Step-4: Switch off Galaxy S3
Step-5: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator [To do so right click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-7: Connect the Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-8: Select these files extracted from I9305XXUEML8 folder to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-9: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option and select it only when a .pit file is used
Step-10: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take about few minutes
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The latest I9305XXUEML8 Android 4.3 firmware should now be installed on the Galaxy S3 LTE. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the device.
How to fix bootloop issue
After flashing the firmware, if the Galaxy S3come across any issues such as boot animation or bootloop (after step-11) then place the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition. Now reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: Honai of Android]