Barry Allen learned to "move forward" with the new timeline featuring the various Flashpoint side effects in The Flash season 2 episode 2. In this new timeline, Cisco's brother Dante is dead, Iris never forgave Joe West for keeping the truth about her mother and there is a new enemy called, Alchemy in Central City.
The upcoming episode of The Flash will feature the return of a fan-favorite character from Earth 2 and a new adversary for Barry to deal with.
Here are a few things to expect in The Flash season 2 episode 3 [Warning: Spoilers Ahead]
1. The 3rd episode of The Flash season 3 is titled, Magenta, which will air on Tuesday (18 October) at 8pm EST on The CW Network.
2. Barry and his Star Labs team will reunite with Earth-2's Harrison Wells (played by Tom Cavanagh), who in this timeline will be a little less serious, and his daughter Jesse. Teasing Cavanagh's character in season 3 Grant Gustin told IGN, "Tom Cavanagh is playing a new version of Wells which has presented an opportunity for a lot of comedy, more so than in the past."
3. Wells will confide to the team that Jesse is now a speedster and goes by the name Jesse Quick. A new promo for the episode shows Wells saying, "I need your help," as Jesse speeds by. Wally asks, "Jesse.. you are a speedster?"
"Yeah.. pretty cool right?" Jesse replies. The new Speedster has been saving people on Earth 2 and Wells is concerned about his daughter's safety and wants Barry to talk her out of using her powers.
4. Joey King will debut as Magenta, a new meta-villain who can control metal. She will terrorise Central City, as Barry and Jesse will team up to defeat her.
5. Executive producer Todd Helbing spoke to Entertainment Weekly about Jesse's powers. He said, "[Her powers] just sort of manifested, so she's new at this. She doesn't really know what it's like to be a speedster and she doesn't have anybody to teach her, so she's going to come over and sort of learn from Barry. So, I don't want to spoil too much stuff, but there will be some team-ups down the road that are pretty cool."
Here is the full synopsis for The Flash season 3 episode 2: