The closure of CyanogenMod (CM) disappointed custom ROM lovers especially those with the OnePlus One. OnePlus moved from CyanogenOS to its OxygenOS in 2015, and eventually it also stopped all OxygenOS updates to the phone.
Now the team behind CM which came together to form LineageOS has brought out the LineageOS 14.1 official stable build that brings Android 7.1.1 to the OnePlus One (bacon). If you are still on the OnePlus One and in no mood to change it for a new device but want the taste the Nougat, this may be your best bet.
Here is how you can get the latest Android build features on your OnePlus One:
How to install and flash
- Back up all data from your device
- Make sure that you are able to copy the ROM file and Gapps to your phone from your phone
- Boot in TWRP Recovery Mode by switching off your phone and holding power button + volume up button together
- Please be sure you are using a TWRP that can handle firmware flash
- Wipe all your data by going to Select Wipe > Advance Wipe
- Click on install and choose the LineageOS ROM package that needs to be installed from your internal storage
- Now install Gapps
- Reboot your device
- Go to About Phone and check for the system version. It should reflect LineageOS 14.1 and Android version 7.1.1
Custom ROMs installation can be harmful in certain cases especially when the users in unaware of how to flash correctly. IBTimes UK is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to your OnePlus One in this regard. The latest build is however, a stable build compared to nightly or experimental builds.