The Apple Watch is now finally available for purchase in three distinct collections – Watch, Watch Sport and Watch Edition.
If you already own one you might want to pair it with your iPhone running iOS 8.2 or, later, which brings the Apple Watch Companion app.
But there would be issues if want to pair it with your iPhone, which is already jailbroken. You will need to unjailbreak your device to pair it with the Apple Watch.
Currently, jailbreak is only available for iOS 8.1.2, but Apple Watch is not compatible with the iOS version. You need to upgrade your device to iOS 8.3 and while doing so you will loose your jailbreak status along with all the jailbreak tweaks.
Check out the following guide if you wish to unjailbreak your iPhone.
How to unjailbreak iPhone and upgrade to latest iOS firmware
- Plug your iPhone to the PC through USB cable
- Launch iTunes. Click on the iPhone icon, at the top left corner of the window
- From there click on Back Up Now to back up the iPhone before unjailbreaking your iOS device. This process will restore your device and you would be able to get your apps/settings after you unjailbreak
- A pop up might appear in the screen asking if you want to back up apps on the iPhone but not in the iTunes library
- Once back up is completed, click on RestoreiPhone. You need to disable Find My iPhone from Settings>> iCloud. From there turn off Find My iPhone and enter your Apple ID password to confirm this
- Once you click restore, it will update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS. The process will take some time to download and install the update
- When the backup is completed, you would be presented with a screen saying if you want to set up your iPhone as a new iPhone or, restore from backup. Since you have already create backup for your data you might want to restore from the backup
- Upon the completion of the restore process from backup, the Cydia will be no longer available on your iPhone screen, as well as other jailbreak tweaks
As your device is running the latest iOS version, you can now connect it to the Apple Watch.