A new custom ROM firmware, known as Supreme, has arrived for the Samsung Galaxy S3, carrying modifications and enhancements. The file was developed by an XDA-recognised developer known as leamoor and is an Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) firmware with add-on apps. The firmware is based on the XXALJ7 build.
Galaxy S3 owners looking to install the ROM may follow this tutorial but IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Remember this guide works only with the Galaxy S3 (model number i9305).
- Ensure device has at least 30 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Ensure device is factory unlocked and rooted
To Install Supreme Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download Supreme custom ROM firmware package to computer and copy zip file to device's external SD card
- Unplug device and download ROM Manager app from Google Play store
- Choose option of Enter Into Recovery Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Home buttons and while holding these two buttons press the Power button to turn device on)
- In Recovery mode, select Wipe Data/ Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition. Also, choose Advanced and clear the Dalvik cache if your device is on the custom ROM firmware
- Now select Install Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select Supreme ROM file
- Once the update is applied, you will see a message saying "install from sd card complete"
The Samsung Galaxy S3 should now be running Supreme custom ROM. This may be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]