Apple has released the iOS beta 2 update for developers for devices with either a current iOS 9.3 beta build installed or Apple's official developer profile configured. Although it is unclear as to what the exact changes have been made as the company has not updated its developer website yet, a redesigned 'Centre Toggle' to turn the new Night Shift mode on is certainly on the cards.
Also new in iOS 9.3 Beta 2 is support for password or Touch ID-protected notes in the Notes app. A new toggle in the Music settings panel called "Add Playlist Songs to My Music" was also seen by 9 to 5 Mac which managed to access the beta 2 version.
Moreover, there are new 3D Touch shortcuts for the Tips app. The new pre-release build also has bug fixes and performance enhancements.
This is the third beta release of iOS 9.3 following beta 1 and beta 1.1. The iOS 9.3 is bringing a number of new features and improvements to iOS, including the much talked about Night Shift mode for better night time use, along with changes to Notes, News, CarPlay and more.
Here is how you can download the latest iOS 9.3 beta 2 version on your iPhone or iPad:
- You must be enrolled into the official Apple Developer Program or have iOS 9.3 beta build
- Make sure that you have more than 50% battery on your iOS device
- You are connected to a working and stable WiFi
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- You will see iOS 9.3 beta 2 download. Tap on 'Download and Install'