Isis militants have reportedly strapped a bomb to a four year-old child and blown him up just a week after executing the boy's father. The alleged execution occurred in the Al-Shirqat district in Iraq.

Jabar el-Maamouri, a senior official in the Iraqi state-sponsored rebel group the Popular Mobilisation Forces, told the Alsumaria news agency that Isis (Daesh) fighters detonated "a bomb that was attached to the child through a remote-controlled device so that his organs would be blown apart." El-Maamouri said Daesh had executed the boy's father a week prior after accusing him of participating in an attack on an outpost that killed two Daesh gunmen.

The official reportedly contacted human rights organisations to "document the crimes of Isis and to publicise the incident to the international community to condemn its funders and supporters with money and words". Daesh has controlled the district of Al-Shirqat, where the brutal execution occurred, since June 2014.

According to Alsumaria, a local source in Nineveh province in Iraq reported Daesh wiped out a village after the residents attempted to rebel against the organisation. "Isis executed dozens of civilians including old people, women and children in the village of Al-Choud in area of Al-Keraya," the anonymous source said. The source added that the mass execution occurred after locals demanded Daesh gunmen leave the village alone, the Daily Mail reported.

Reports of the child's brutal bombing execution comes days after the terrorist group released an execution video featuring another four-year-old boy. The British boy, identified as Isa Dare, appeared in the video threatening to "kill kaffir [non believers]". Isa, who was dubbed "Jihadi Junior," reportedly begged his grandfather days before he appeared in the gruesome video to save him.

The boy appeared in the video wearing military fatigues and a Daesh bandana, while he declared, "We are going to kill the kaffir [non believers] over there." Isa was reportedly brainwashed by the militants after he was taken to Syria three years ago by his mother, Grace "Khadija" Dare. The 24-year-old mother was linked to the killers of Lee Rigby, the Mail reported. Henry Dare, the boy's grandfather, claimed the boy called him days before the video pleading for rescue.