South Korean smartphone manufacturer LG has long been rumoured to be preparing a high-end smartphone called the LG G4 for an early 2015 release, to rival the popular Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
According to GSM Arena, it seems that the LG G4 flagship will also be equipped with a stylus that is expected to go head-on with the S-Pen that accompanies the Galaxy Note 4.
Once official, the G4 should succeed the company's flagship G3 smartphone which has begun receiving Google's Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update starting from South Korea.
The LG G4 smartphone should come with the following key tech-specs:
- 5.3in QHD display;
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop);
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC;
- 4GB RAM;
- 32GB/64 GB fixed internal storage variants;
- 4G-LTE, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity;
In addition to launching the G4 flagship smartphone, LG will also reportedly axe its Pro series of smartphones for good.
The above tech-specs, though not official at the moment, suggest that the LG G4 Pro will go neck-to-neck with the Galaxy Note 4.
Key tech-specs of Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
- 5.7in AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3;
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor;
- 16MP rear camera, and a 3.7 MP front camera;
- 3GB RAM;
- 32 GB internal storage;
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 128 GB;
- 4G, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity;
- 3,220 mAh battery;
- S-Pen stylus.