Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo was the fastest rider in Free Practice 2 of the 2016 Japanese Grand Prix on Friday. The Spaniard clinched pole in last year's race, but failed to finish the race on top as he lost to Honda's Dani Pedrosa. He will be looking to clinch another pole and also finish on top on 16 October at Twin Ring Motegi.
Where to watch live
The third practice session starts at 1.55am BST. Live coverage of qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix starts at 6.10pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Lorenzo was the third fastest in Friday's first practice session, behind Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso and Honda's championship leader Marc Marquez. However, the Yamaha rider clocked a time of 1:45.151s to clinch the top spot in the final session of the day.
The Spanish rider will be looking to extend his run in Saturday's qualifying as he will set his sights on winning the race for the record fourth time in the Japanese Grand Prix. However, Lorenzo will have to fight his teammate Valentino Rossi and Marquez to accomplish the task.
Dovizioso, who was the fastest in FP1 was second in FP2, 0.053s behind Lorenzo. Suzuki's Maverick Viñales was third, while Marquez was the fourth fastest in the second practice session, clocking a time of 1:45.303s.
Rossi and Honda's Dani Pedrosa managed to finish in top 10 as they finished in seventh and ninth place, respectively. They will look to improve their positions in Sunday's qualifying session.
Top 10 Free Practice 2 results from Twin Ring Motegi:
1. Jorge Lorenzo (Esp) Yamaha 1:45.151s
2. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 1:45.204s
3. Maverick Viñales (Esp) Suzuki 1:45.248s
4. Marc Marquez (Esp) Honda 1:45.303s
5. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR 1:45.501s
6. Aleix Espargaro (Esp) Suzuki 1:45.513s
7. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 1:45.532s
8. Danilo Petrucci (Ita) Pramac 1:46.172s
9. Dani Pedrosa (Esp) Honda 1:46.227s
10. Pol Espargaro (Esp) Tech 3 1:46.245s