Japanese smartphone maker Sony's Zperia Z4 seems to be getting closer to a launch as the smartphone was reportedly spotted getting a clearance from the American Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
PhoneArena claims that the device could be the Sony Xperia Z4 as the smartphone's height, according to the documents, measures 73X146mm, which is similar to that of the Xperia Z3 and in line with the Z4's rumoured height.
Also, the Sony PM-0780 cleared by FCC has a MicroSD card slot and supports multiple LTE bands, which was earlier rumoured to have been removed from the Sony Xperia Z4.
However, the filing does not mention the official name of the device.
Sony Xperia Z4, once official is likely to incorporate the following key technical specifications:
- 5.2in IPS capacitive display enclosed within a layer of shatter-proof glass coating
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating platform out of the box
- 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 2GHz quad-core Cortex-A57 CPUs within a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 64-bit chipset
- 20.7MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 4GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 128GB
- 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed Li-Ion battery.