Senior XDA member, gr8nole has released a root package as well as CWM recovery for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 and SM-T210R variants.
This method, however, has been tested working on the Kids version of tablet bearing model number SM-T2105. Head over to the development thread to learn more about the root and recovery mode release.
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids users, who wish to root their tablets and install CWM recovery, may follow our step-by-step guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to ensure their devices meet following set of requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on tablet to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and then check the USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the tablet, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM or, TWRP then backup data using the same.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Tab should have charge above 80% battery charge.
5) The root package as well as the recovery files work only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids SM-T2105. As applying these to any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy tablet by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number.
6) Rooting the tablet will void manufacturer's warranty. Users can unroot the device later to reclaim warranty back.
Files to Download
How to install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids
Step-1: Extract the CWM recovery and Odin zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool
Step-2: Copy android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip to the SD card of the tablet
Step-3: Switch off the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids. Now reboot the tablet into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Then press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode
Step-4: Launch Odin on the computer as Administrator
Step-5: Connect the Galaxy Tab to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-6: In Odin, click the PDA button and select CWM recovery.tar.md5 file.
Step-7: Ensure Auto Reboot and Re-Partition options in Odin are unchecked
Step-8: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take about few minutes
Step-9: When the installation process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable safely from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
How to root Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids using CWM recovery
Step-10: Reboot the tablet into CWM recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
Step-11: In CWM recovery select Install zip from sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Now navigate to the location where you have saved the root package. Select it and confirm installation by selecting Yes
Step-12: When the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the tablet by selecting reboot system now
The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean should now be rooted successfully. You may install any app that requires root permission. Also, to verify the root status of the device download Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
[Source: Honai of Android]