Curtly Ambrose
Curtly Ambrose is the current fast bowling consultant of West Indies Getty

Bowling legend Curtly Ambrose has tipped West Indies to win the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup in India. The former fast bowler, who is the team's bowling consultant, feels the side have numerous match-winners. The Caribbeans who won the T20 World Cup in 2012 are currently at No 3 in the International Cricket Council T20 rankings.

The team will be without Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine. While Pollard is out due to injury, Narine has taken time off to work on his bowling action. Besides, the team were involved in a payment controversy, something which almost derailed their participation in the World Cup. However, Ambrose brushed aside these issues.

"Look at the team that we have, half of the team are in demand across the world for different T20 leagues. So you may find one guy here, maybe two in this league and two in another league, but we have all at once so we have a great chance of winning this T20 tournament, just look at our squad," he said as quoted by Wisden India.

"The senior players - Marlon Samuels, Chris Gayle, Andre Russell, captain Darren Sammy - have to lead from the front. From my experience over the years, when the senior players, the guys that we expect to really take the mantle and take the team forward, are doing well, automatically the younger players will step up to the plate."

"From what I have been reading in the media, the players and the board have worked their problems out and the guys have signed the contracts, so I don't expect any problem because if they didn't want to go then they shouldn't sign. The main fact they have signed. I think everything should be smooth sailing going forward."

West Indies have been drawn in Group 1 along with Sri Lanka, England, South Africa and the winner of the qualifiers from Group B. Their first game is scheduled on 16 March against England in Mumbai.