Samsung has released another Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware build with base firmware I9300XXUGNB5 for the international variant of the Galaxy S3 bearing model number GT-I9300. Carrying a build date of 17 February, the update is now available for Orange subscribers in Poland.
Model name: Galaxy S3
Country: Poland (Orange)
Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build date: 17 February
Product code: IDE
Users can download and install the firmware as OTA update and through Samsung Kies. Those who failed to get the OTA notification or access the firmware through Samsung Kies for being region specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually.
I9300XXUGNB5 build is a carrier branded firmware and like any other carrier branded version, users will get default apps from the network with the installation of the firmware.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Also, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now go to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
4) If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) I9300XXUGNB5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About device>> Model number.
How to install I9300XXUGNB5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files, which are optional
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with few other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy S3
Step-4: Place the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together
Step-5: Run Odin3 v3.09.exe as Administrator [To do so, right click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try to re-install USB derivers or change the USB port on the computer.
Step-7: In Odin, click the AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take about few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the device from the computer
The Galaxy S3 should now be updated with latest I9300XXUGNB5 Android 4.3 stock firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new firmware version running on the device.
How to fix bootloop issue
If the Galaxy S3 gets stuck at booting animation (after step-10), go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power and buttons together. Now perform Wipe data/Factory reset then Wipe Cache Partition. Once the action is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Note that performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
Interested users, who wish to root their devices running on all Android 4.3 firmware, may follow our step-by-step guide to root Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.