A next-gen variant of the Motorola Moto G 2014 has been made official and is up for purchase in Brazil. This smartphone supports 4G-LTE connectivity, and comes with a bigger battery and enhanced internal storage.
The USP of Motorola's Moto G (2014) 4G LTE smartphone is its LTE support and its approximate $345 (£229, 899 Brazilian real) price tag that seems justified considering the technical specifications of the device.
Key tech-specs of Motorola Moto G (2014) 4G-LTE
- 5in HD display having resolutions of 720x1280; enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system straight out of the box
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Dual SIM-card support offered
- 8MP rear camera, and a 2MP front snapper
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 32GB
- 4G-LTE, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 2390 mAh battery
The latest Moto G (2014) variant ships with the modern Android Lollipop OS, rather than the Android 4.4.4 KitKat platform that its predecessors are shipped with.
Launch outside of Brazil
After the launch of the new Moto G (2014) variant in Brazil, the device could be launched in other countries as well. This aspect gets a boost as a 4G LTE variant of the Moto G (2013) is already available for purchase in UK.