Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users, who have subscribed to Sprint's wireless network service in the US, can check their devices for Google's Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update that brings a host of new features and enhancements.
According to an official Sprint listing, Telcos Galaxy Note 4 users can look for the Android Lollipop OTA update bearing version number N910PVPU1BOB7.
How to verify software version within Sprint-driven Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphones?
If you own a Galaxy Note 4 and are confused about the software version on which your handset is currently running, then follow the instructions given below:
- From the home screen, tap and drag down the Notification bar
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Navigate to and select About device
- Current Android version and software version of your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is displayed.
What's new within Android Lollipop?
Sprint-driven Samsung Galaxy Note 4 owners should observe multiple improvements in the Wi-Fi calling feature, along with the following new features:
- Material Design: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material Design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by Material Design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
How to manually download and install Android Lollipop OS update?
Google's Android Lollipop is generally available via the over-the-air (OTA) mechanism, but can also be manually searched for and downloaded as explained below:
- From the home screen, select and drag down the Notification bar.
- Tap Settings
- Scroll to and tap System update
- Select Update now
- If newer system updates are available at that point in time, follow the on-screen instructions for installation, else tap OK
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4's software is now up to date, with the installation of Android Lollipop OS update.
As the above rollout is expected to be a phased one, Sprint Galaxy Note 4 users in the US can let us know about the rollout status for their devices.