Owners of the LG G2 having subscribed to Sprint's wireless services in the US can check their handsets for the Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which has been rolled out throughout the country.
As per a GSMArena report, that quotes a Sprint statement, LG G2 users would notice that the OS version on their smartphones has been updated to ZVG from the previous ZVE, which was released for Sprint-driven LG G2 users late last year.
Sprint's latest roll-out comes after Verizon and AT&T released the Lollipop update, for LG G2 users in the US.
What's new with the Lollipop?
The Android update brings along the following features and enhancements for Sprint-driven LG G2 smartphones:
- It updates the FM radio software (carrier-specific for Sprint LG G2 only).
- Material Design: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material Design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by Material Design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- Battery Saver: A battery saver feature that extends device use by up to 90 minutes.
- "OK Google" voice command: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
- Connectivity: Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a verified internet connection on Wi-Fi.
- Security: SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware. Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car.
How to install the Android Lollipop OS update on LG G2:
Sprint-driven LG G2 users should observe the latest Lollipop OS upgrade via OTA, but a manual search for the software can also be initiated as follows:
- Navigate to Settings, select General
- Choose About phone
- Tap Update Center
- Select System updates
- Tap Check now
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install Android Lollipop.
Prior to the latest roll-out, Sprint's LG G2 ran the Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating platform, out of the box.