A senior XDA developer - tathanhlam66 - has released the latest version of MIUI (v188.8.131.52), an Android ROM, for the HTC Sensation. The custom ROM is based on CynogenMod 10 (CM10) and offers an Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) software update for the smartphone. The ROM's features include comprehensive cloud storage support and a smoother and sleeker User Interface (UI) operation and style. However, the developer notes the headphone feature is not working in this software update.
HTC Sensation users who wish to upgrade to the MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 custom ROM may follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held liable for any damage to the device during installation. We also warn readers this guide is for the HTC Sensation only.
- Download USB drivers for HTC Sensation and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data before proceeding
- Ensure phone is rooted and ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery is installed
- Ensure Bootloader is unlocked (for more details, visit htcdev.com)
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
To Install MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM on HTC Sensation
- Download Android 4.1.2 MIUI v4 ROM
- Download Google apps package
- Connect device to computer with USB cable and copy downloaded files to SD card
- Disconnect device and switch it off
- Now, boot into CWM Recovery (to do so, boot into HBOOT menu by pressing Volume Up and Power buttons. Navigate to Recovery using Volume keys and press Power to select)
- Perform Nandroid back-up of existing ROM (in case it needs to be restored at a later date) (to do so, select Backup and Restore and then select Backup again; return to main Recovery menu after back-up is complete)
- Now, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm action (wait till process is complete and return to main menu)
- Scroll to Install Zip from SD Card and enter option. Now, select Choose Zip from SD Card and browse to stored MIUI Android 4.1.2 file. Select and confirm installation
- After installation, repeat above process to flash Google apps package
- After installation, return to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now (the device should boot into custom Android 4.1.2 ROM but the first boot may take time)
- Note: To restore earlier ROM, boot into Recovery, select Backup and Restore and then the Restore option. Now, selected ROM file from list and proceed with restoration
The MIUI v4 custom ROM, based on Android 4.1.2, is now installed on the HTC Sensation. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Android Jinn]