Ipswich Town defender Tyrone Mings is ready to spurn any interest from Arsenal during the January transfer window despite Arsène Wenger having confirmed his admiration for the 21-year-old.
Wenger admitted last month that the Gunners were "following" Mings, who is first choice at left-back for the Tractor Boys, but claimed the club had not firmed up their interest.
Town boss Mick McCarthy expressed his delight at Arsenal's admiration of Mings but the youngster says even a bid from the north London club will not turn his head.
"I haven't received any offers," he told Sky Sports. "It's very easy to keep doing what I am doing. The speculation has come from me playing well at Ipswich and getting the opportunity here so that's all I can continue to do, to play well and keep my attention here.
"I don't know if an offer would turn my head. We have to wait for that day to come, but I doubt it would. I am absolutely confident I will be here at the end of January. I don't see a reason why anything else would happen."
Arsenal boss Wenger has admitted he plans to sign at least one player during the January transfer window, with an addition likely in defence with the French boss having only six senior players to select from.
Defender Per Mertesacker, who made a belated start to the season due to extended celebrations following the World Cup, has hinted that Arsenal should improve their resources at the back this month.
"I've no idea," he said. "We have suffered a lot of injuries. We have to deliver results. We have a big squad but obviously we need fit players. We could do with a small break but we haven't got a small break, so we need to prepare ourselves again for Sunday.
"We have suffered [from the chopping and changing in defence]. We have been through that all season. At one point, you want to be consistent in your line-up, especially the back four. We have to find that. It's difficult for us at the moment but what keeps us going is our spirit."