Barcerlona midfielder Sergio Busquets believes that Manchester United target Pedro would consider a move to Old Trafford, given the amount of competition in his position at Camp Nou.
The Red Devils are reported to be inclined to activating his £22m ($34.5m) release clause, according to the Daily Mail, and Busquets does not close the door on a possible departure.
Barcelona have Neymar, Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi who can play in that position and Pedro would have to spend the major part of next season on the bench, not withstanding a major injury problem to either of the three players.
The winger was part of the Barcelona team that defeated United in the 2009 and 2011 finals of the Champions League, but with Sir Alex Ferguson not at the helm anymore, the Red Devils are trying to get their bearings back to competing for a place in Europe.
Busquets has also won the World Cup with Spain in 2010, but refused to disclose what he discussed with the 27-year-old and insisted "whatever happens in the near future would be up to him".
"Yes, I have spoken to him but I won't tell you what he said. It was a private conversation," Busquets said, as quoted by the Guardian.
"I would want him to stay, I would love him to stay. He is a friend of mine and it will be his final decision. He wants to play more and get more minutes. That's what he wants.
"But we are in a team of great players and it's hard for him. Finally it will be his decision but I hope he stays," he added.
Barcelona will face United in a pre-season friendly on Saturday and Busquets believes that it will be a tall order for them should they get pitted against each other in the group stages of the Champions League in the upcoming season, in spite of their relative difficulties and ensuing squad rebuilding.
"They are a big club. Last year and maybe still this year they have been a team under construction. They have new players and a relatively new coach. They will need time but they are still competitive. We will see what happens in the future," he said.