EA DICE has released a brand new patch for Battlefield 1 addressing multiple technical issues and bugs in the World War 1 shooter. The update remedies missing Dog Tags, incorrectly displayed Class Ranks and a bug that would occasionally cause the game to crash when a user tried to exit the game's PC version.
Patch 1.02 also fixes an error that caused class ranks to be displayed incorrectly. After the update, players may find themselves in a lower class rank, but this doesn't mean progress has been lost. The rank displayed after the update is the correct rank that should have been displayed previously.
It also addresses a glitch in the "Through Mud and Blood" War story where no new objectives would appear and another where players reported having incorrect information appear in loading screens.
Some of the other technical issues dealt with in the most recent patch include one that caused players to get stuck in the globe screen when they cancel matchmaking. A crash related to soldier animation has been fixed as well.
One bug that hasn't been addressed in this patch is a spectacular looking glitch that transforms a crashing zeppelin into a spectacular, fiery tornado.
Released last week, Battlefield 1 has already soared to the top of the UK charts, pushing Fifa 17 to the No. 2 spot, followed by Mafia 3, Gears of War 4 and Batman: Return to Arkham. According to GFK Chart-Track, which deals primarily with physical sales, the new critically-acclaimed shooter has already outsold the combined first week sales of both Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline.
Battlefield 1 is available now for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Here are the complete patch notes published by EA Dice for Battlefield 1's patch 1.02:
- Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
- Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing "The Insider" Dog Tag.
- Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
- Fixed issue where Class Rank was incorrect.
Note: This fix may result in players going down in Class Rank to the correct rank. In this scenario, any unlocks purchased at a higher and incorrect rank will not be lost.
- PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
- Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.
- Fixed two issues in the "Through Mud and Blood" War Story where no new objectives would appear.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
- Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.
- Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
- Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
- PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
- PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.