Antonio Conte will accept and pay the fine handed down to him for his behaviour during Chelsea's Premier League fixture with Swansea City on Wednesday night (29 November), although suggests that such an incident will not alter his touchline antics.
The passionate Italian was sent to the stands by referee Neil Swarbrick during the 43rd minute of a 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge after angrily protesting the officials' decision not to award his side a corner with the score still goalless.
Conte, who apologised to Swarbrick and fourth official Lee Mason after the full-time whistle, first attempted to watch the remainder of the match from behind the dugout before eventually viewing the entirety of the second half from the dressing room.
He was subsequently hit with a misconduct charge by the Football Association (FA) and given until 5 December to respond.
However, speaking to the media before Chelsea's next match against Newcastle United this weekend, the 48-year-old revealed that he would not be contesting the ruling or the £8,000 fine that goes with it.
"It's right to accept it and pay the fine," said Conte, who escaped any touchline ban. "As I said after the game, you know what happened, if the referee took this decision I have to respect it and pay this fine. I want the referee to learn something about this because Swansea was wasting time and the referee has to protect the team that wants to play football and try to win the game.
"I was angry because I said twice to the fourth official look they are wasting time but I shouted and show dissent. I accept the decision of the referee."
Chelsea will remain without David Luiz and Charly Musonda for the visit of Newcastle, while Michy Batshuayi and Kenedy have now returned to first-team training after ankle and muscle issues respectively.
Luiz, who lost his place in Conte's three-man defence last month following a heavy European defeat in Rome after which he is said to have questioned the manager's tactics, was ruled out of the Swansea game after suffering from fluid build-up in his knee.
Musonda is also nursing a knee problem and missed the chance to stake his claim for a more regular first-team berth in the Champions League victory over Qarabag in Azerbaijan last month.
"David Luiz and Musonda are out, Batshuayi and Kenedy have just started to work with us," Conte said of his team news for Newcastle, per football.london. "They need time to find their best physical condition but it's important they are back."
Asked specifically when Luiz was expected to return as we enter the busiest month on the fixture calendar, Conte added: "He's having treatment in his knee. Not simple to understand how much longer for this injury but at the same time the doctor is doing the best to recover him very soon."