Norwich City have reportedly rejected a £5m bid from Chelsea for goalkeeper John Ruddy and informed the Blues to double the offer if they want to sign him.
Jose Mourinho is in the market for a back-up for Petr Cech, after both Ross Turnbull and Henrique Hilario left Stamford Bridge as free agents at the end of last season. The club have also sent Thibaut Courtois back to Spain for a third consecutive loan spell Atletico Madrid.
Chelsea have now identified Ruddy as a reliable understudy to Cech and tabled a £5m offer, including add-ons, for the 26-year-old, according to The Sun. However, the Canaries knocked back the approach and told the Blues they must double that bid to even enter negotiations.
Ruddy has impressed at Norwich since arriving from Everton for £400,000 back in 2010. The stopper made his international debut for England in a friendly against Italy last year, coming on as a substitute for Jack Butland.
The player missed majority of last season through injury, with Mark Bunn coming into the side as replacement. However, Ruddy returned to the first team in May and impressed, as Norwich beat West Bromwich Albion at Carrow Road to ensure their Premier League survival.
Meanwhile, new Chelsea signing Andre Schurrle says he is looking forward to meeting his new team-mates and enjoying the pre-season.
The Germany international completed his £18m move from Bayer Leverkusen to Stamford Bridge on Tuesday and penned a five-year contract with the Blues.
"I've never been to Asia before, so I'm really looking forward to it. We're visiting three different places, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia, and it will be a good opportunity for me to get to know my team-mates," the 22-year-old said.
"I played against Kevin De Bruyne last season and we had a little talk but nothing too much. I've met Oriol Romeu, I know Marko Marin and I met Michael Essien at Michael Ballack's testimonial game," Schurrle added.