Diwali or Deepavali is a Hindu festival of light celebrated with a lot of pomp and zeal in India. It is celebrated on the thirteenth lunar day of Krishna Paksha of the Hindu calendar month of Ashwin.
The day also marks the victory of good over evil, as on this day Lord Rama killed Ravana of Lanka and returned to his kingdom, Ayodhya. On this auspicious day, people clean their home, light every nook and corner of their home with clay diyas or electric lamps and worship Ganesha (Lord of good fortune) and Lakshmi (Hindu goddess of wealth, fortune and prosperity).
IBTimes UK has compiled a list of top ten Diwali messages to share with family and friends.
1. Let this Diwali burn all your bad times and enter you in good times.
2. May this Diwali bring you the utmost in peace and prosperity. May lights triumph over darkness. May peace transcend the earth. May the spirit of light illuminate the world. May the light that we celebrate at Diwali show us the way and lead us together on the path of peace and social harmony. Wishing everyone a very Happy Diwali.
3. Wish you success in your career and happiness for your family. Have a wonderful Diwali and new Year.
4. Light a lamp of love. Blast a chain of sorrow. Shoot a rocket of prosperity. Fire a flowerpot of happiness. Wish u and your family a sparkling Diwali.
5. Candles to enjoy life. Decorations to light life. Presents to share success. Fire Crackers to burn evil. Sweets to sweeten success. And worship to thank God. Diwali wishes from heart.
6. Troubles as light as air, Love as deep as the ocean, Friends as solid as diamonds, Success as bright as Gold. These are the wishes for you and your family on the eve of Diwali.
7. Let this Diwali burn all your bad times and enter you in good times. Wishing you fun, frolic and endless celebration. Happy Diwali to you.
8. With the gleam of diyas and the echo of the chants, may happiness and contentment fill your life. Wishing you very prosperous Diwali.
9. An occasion to celebrate victory over defeat, light over darkness, awareness over ignorance. An occasion to celebrate life. Happy Diwali.
10. May your friends respect you , your troubles neglect you, your family protect you, and negativity not affect you. Wish you a very happy Diwali.