The epic Final Fantasy 7 game can now be downloaded by users of Apple iPhones and iPads in the US. Square Enix, the game's developer, has released it on the US iTunes store.
iOS users can download Final Fantasy 7 for $19.99 (£13).
Key game features
- The iOS edition includes an option to turn enemy encounters off on the world and area maps (will not skip event battles) and a Max Stats command to become all-powerful.
- Gamers can play the game using a simple and comfortable virtual controller, choosing between virtual analogue or fixed 4-way digital control pad options. The opacity of on-screen controls can also be adjusted from the Config Menu.
- Customize your characters in any way you like using the fantastic "material" system that allows endless combinations of spells and abilities.
- Final Fantasy 7 is based on the PC version
- Movement: Virtual joypad (Select between analogue and digital modes)
- Menu navigation: Fixed digital buttons
- Confirm: A button
- Cancel: B button
- Open menu: Y button
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Final Fantasy 7 app takes up around 2GB of memory. Over 4GB of free space is required for download.
Game story: With its unshakeable monopoly over Mako energy production, the evil Shinra Electric Power Company holds tightly to the reins of world power.
One day, a Mako reactor serving the sprawling metropolis of Midgar is attacked and destroyed in a bombing raid by a revolutionary group calling themselves Avalanche.
Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra's elite "Soldier" unit, takes part in the raid as a mercenary hired by Avalanche and sets events in motion that will draw him and his friends into an epic struggle for the fate of the planet itself.