The Galaxy Note 2 is among the lucky few Android smartphones to get regular Jelly Bean updates with custom ROMs, third-party hack tools and mods. The phablet (phone and tablet hybrid) has grown in popularity ever since its launch, and the release of the latest Jelly Bean update, Android 4.1.2, through WanamLite custom ROM will further strengthen the demand for the device in the market.
Thanks to XDA Developers member - Wanam, Galaxy S3 and S2 had earlier received Jelly Bean updates through WanamLite ROMs, and now Galaxy Note 2 joins the party. The new WanamLite ROM reportedly brings better stability, optimised performance and longer battery life, besides updating your device to the latest Jelly Bean software.
Key Points to Note
- The WanamLite ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible only with the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important personal data and settings on your phone to avoid data loss while performing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the WanamLite firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Keep your phone's original USB cable handy and enable USB debugging mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Application > Development.
- Download the WanamLite XXALJ1 V1.1 ROM package (GT-N7100_WanamLite.XXALJ3.V1.2.NO-WIPE.zip, md5sum: A3995557C7F49024BC5CE5C733CB0300)
- Ensure that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the XXALJ3 based WanamLite ROM or installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
How to Flash WanamLite Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1. Copy the WanamLite ROM package to the root folder of your phone's internal SD card.
2. Power off your phone and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons together until the screen turns on. Wait until the phone boots into ClockworkMod Recovery.
NOTE: Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select an option in recovery.
3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your existing ROM. To take a backup, click Backup and Restore and select Backup.
4. Choose Install ZIP From SD Card.
5.Click Choose ZIP From SD Card. Navigate to the WanamLite ROM Zip file that you copied to your phone in step 1. Choose the file and click yes to confirm the ROM installation on next screen.
6. Once the ROM is installed, hit Go back and tap Reboot system now. This will reboot your phone to the freshly installed WanamLite ROM.
You have successfully installed the WanamLite ROM based Jelly Bean update to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
[Source: Android Authority]