The latest Slim Bean Beta 1 based on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) is now available for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250). It comes with several features such as battery bar mod, notification background customisation, power widget, cursor control using volume keys, ADB over Wi-Fi, camera power shutter mode and more.
The ROM is said to be still under development and may contain bugs or issues. It is known for its low file size and high speed.
Users looking to install the ROM may check the tutorial below, but, IBTimes UK reminds its users it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure USB driver is installed
- Enable USB debugging
- Finally, ensure the device is rooted and has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed
To install Android 4.2.1 based Slim Bean Beta 1 ROM on Galaxy Nexus:
- Connect the device to the PC and copy the downloaded zip files to the device's SD card
- Unplug the device from USB and boot the device into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until the screen flashes
- Perform a Nandroid backup by selecting Backup and Restore > Backup. Now, go back to main recovery menu
- Perform data wipe (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and tap Yes to confirm the action
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, browse to and select the ROM file. Confirm the installation by tapping Yes. The ROM will begin installing
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps package
- Go back to main recovery menu and choose Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into Slim Bean Beta 1 ROM
Android 4.2.1 firmware based custom ROM is now installed on your Galaxy Nexus.
[Source: Android Jinn]