An official Over-The-Air (OTA) update, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with base firmware XXLT6, is rolling out for Samsung's first generation Galaxy Note bearing model number GT-N7000. The new build is originally for the Note users from Australia and is currently not available through Samsung KIES.
However, users from supported regions can also install the update using Odin flashing tool. The XXLT6 is a completely unbranded version of firmware which means it can be installed on any GT-N7000 units except those from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: May, 2013
Galaxy Note users who fail to get the OTA update due to region-specific issue and wish to install the Android 4.1.2 XXLT6 Jelly Bean manually may follow our step-by-step guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to verify that their handsets meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note to transfer files between the Android device and computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the device, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP installed, then back up data using recovery mode.
4) The Galaxy Note should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5) The battery of the Galaxy Note should be having above 80% charge.
6) The device will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, it will lose custom recovery which will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The phone will no longer be a rooted version once official firmware is installed.
7) The Android 4.1.2 XXLT6 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, installing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by navigating to Settings>> About Phone>> Model number.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXLT6 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Step-1: Download Android 4.1.2 XXLT6 Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy Note to the computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip to get a file with .tar.md5 extension along with few other files
Step-3: Download Odin3 v3.07 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and some other files
Step-4: Switch off the Galaxy Note and wait for five to six seconds for vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Boot the Galaxy Note into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button together until a construction Android robot appears on the phone's screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator
Step-7: Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connection will be indicated by a message saying Added under Odin
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try the USB at the back of the computer. In case Odin still fails to recognise the device, then reinstall USB driver.
Step-8: Select these files extracted from the N7000XXLT6 folder to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT buttonand select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (b, c and d) in case such files are not found.
Step-9: In Odin, verify the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. But unchecked the Re-Partition option, select it only when a .pit file is being used
Step-10: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take few minutes to complete
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically. And soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin indicating successful installation. Once the home screen appears, safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The Android 4.1.2 XXLT6 Jelly Bean should now be installed and running on the Samsung Galaxy Note. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the device.
How to fix bootloop
If the Samsung Galaxy Note gets stuck at boot animation or Samsung logo (after step-11) then boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset and then select Wipe Cache Partition. After the action is completed, go back to main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options andthe Power button to select the desired option. Performing data wiping task will erase the internal memory data of the device.
Click here for tutorial to install N7000XXLT9 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
[Source: Droid Firmwares]