Following the release of Build 4, the SlimROMs team has announced the availability of official Build 4.2 custom ROMs for multiple Android-powered devices including the first Samsung Galaxy Note with model number N7000.
The SlimBean Build 4.2 is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and brings a host of customised features. The current release also fixes the language bug issues spotted in the previous build.
As for the installation, the SlimROMs team has noted that those who are on Build 4 should be able to dirty flash the Build 4.2. But those who are running on older version should perform data wipe.
Changes and features of SlimBean Build 4.2
Update to JDQ39E
Added Music Playback Control tile
Added Developer option for MediaScanner Behavior Control on boot
Added TextArea size to MMS
Enhanced Auto-Brightness UI
Updated PlayStore to v4.0.26
Fixed Translation issues
Fixed SlimSizer FC
Fixed BlackList button behavior
Fixed NavBar menu hidden on softkey devices
Fixed SlimIRC bugs
Fixed DashClock extension icons hidden when minimised
Fixed PIN entry disable by some apps
Mako: Added focus modes to camera, seems to fixed flash
Nozomi: Reduce lowest brightness level
D2: Fixed video playback reboot
Possible Unknown Alarm tone [After-effect of updated tones]
Auto-Brightness help menu opens some derped screen
Bootloop in Spanish and French when setting display battery to always on lockscreen- flash fix if available in device download page
Head over to the development page to learn more about the features of SlimBean Build 4.2.
Galaxy Note users who are looking to update their devices with Android 4.2.2 using the SlimBean Build 4.2, may follow our step-by-step guide. It should be noted that as the aforementioned ROM is in its development stage, users may come across minor bug issues after installing the firmware.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are also advised to ensure that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note to transfer files between the Android device to the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) As the tutorial might wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then users are recommended to backup data using the recovery.
4) Ensure that the Note has above 80 per cent battery charge.
5) The phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
6) The SlimBean Build 4.2 ROM works only on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Flashing this on incorrect variant is likely to brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of Galaxy Note by navigating to Settings>> About phone.
7) After flashing the ROM, if the device gets stuck on Booting animation or experience boot loop, then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache five more times before rebooting the device.
8) Users are advised to give about five to 10 minutes to the ROM after the first boot for a better using experience.
Steps to install SlimBean Build 4.2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Step-1: Download SlimBean Build 4.2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note to the computer
Step-2: Download SlimBean Gapps [Google Apps package]
Step-3: Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable. Now copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone. Do not extract any files
Step-4: Unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Step-5: Boot the phone into recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the screen of the phone flashes. Then release all three buttons. The recovery mode will appear soon
[Note: In recovery mode, use the Volume keys to scroll between the options and use the Power button to select the option.]
Step-6: In recovery mode, perform a Nandroid backup of the current ROM which can be restored later if the new ROM does not work or in case users wish to return to the previous firmware version. To perform a Nandroid backup, select Backup and Restore then on the next screen select Backup again. Once the backup is completed, go back to the recovery menu
Step-7: Perform data wiping task to avoid clash between new ROM and the previous ROM. Select wipe data/factory reset then select Yes on the next screen to confirm the action. Wait for a few minutes until the data wiping task is completed then return to the CWM recovery menu. Select wipe cache partition and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping
Step-8: Select install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Next, navigate to the SlimBean Build 4.2 ROM zip file saved in the SD card of the device. Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation on the next screen. The ROM installation should begin now
Step-9: Once the ROM is installed, repeat the procedure (step-8) and choose SlimBean Gapps zip to flash the Google Apps
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. The device will reboot now and boot up into the customised SlimBean ROM. The device will take about five minutes to boot the first time
Note: To go back to the previous ROM, boot the phone into recovery mode. Select backup and restore and then restore the ROM by selecting it from the list.
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should now be updated with the SlimBean Build 4.2 featuring Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the software version running on the Galaxy Note.
Click here for guide to install SlimBean Build 6 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
[Source: Droid Firmwares]