Galaxy Note N7000 is among the lucky few Android devices to taste the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update, with due credit to the release of Resurrection Remix ROM by the industrious custom ROM developers.
The custom Lollipop builds of Resurrection Remix ROM offer tons of customisations in a highly stable release to deliver top-notch system performance, which is synonymous with CyanogenMod based ROMs.
Interested users may check out the complete changelog posted on XDA Developers forum (see source link below) to know the latest features ported into this new Lollipop ROM, before installing the same via step-by-step guide posted below.
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup using custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings >> About phone. Scroll down to build number, tap seven times on the build number. The developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- The Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge to avoid unusual shut down due to lack of battery, which could damage the device.
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of recovery installed. It is recommended that you use TWRP 126.96.36.199 or, PhilZ recovery.
- The Resurrection Remix ROM is compatible only with Galaxy Note N7000. Flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware based on the mode number of the device.
- As the Resurrection Remix ROM is still under development, it may harbour a few untested bugs or broken features which will be fixed in the forthcoming updates.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Note N7000 with Resurrection LP v 5.4.3 custom ROM
Step-1: Connect Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable then move the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone. Ensure that the files are in the SD card root, not in any folder
Step-2: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and turn the device off
Step-3: Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. Use the Power button to select while in Recovery Mode
Step-5: Perform cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-6: Also do a wipe of dalvik cache. From recovery, go to advanced then select wipe dalvik cache
Step-7: Go to main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume keys browse to the location where you have saved the Resurrection Remix ROM. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
Note: You might get an error saying device or resource busy. Ignore this.
Step-8: When the ROM is installed, follow the similar procedure to flash the Gapps file
Step-9: Upon the completion of the installation, reboot phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu
You can now enjoy the Resurrection Remix ROM based on Android 5.1.1 on your Galaxy Note.
If you are still sceptical about the latest features ported into the Resurrection Remix ROM, just check out the demo video below: