The SlimROM is a popular custom Android operating system, which comes in a compact version but is still rich with all custom features, making it one of the best alternatives for the stock Android experience.
The new version of SlimROM, integrating the features of Slim and Android Lollipop, known as SlimLP is now available for the OnePlus One smartphone.
Recognised XDA developer RobbieL811 shared the new SlimLP ROM based on Android 5.0.2 with a number of customisations, which include:
- Custom Shortcuts, everywhere
- Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc
- System-Wide Keyboard Controls
- Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons, etc
- SlimCenter (Coming Soon)
- Downloads, contact information, system app removal
- Camera Features
- Trueview, Smart Capture
Check out the following installation guide if you want to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your OnePlus One using the SlimLP ROM. But keep in mind that the custom firmware is in its alpha stage, and so all the features might not function properly.
- Create a backup of all data of your OnePlus One using any custom recovery
- Your OnePlus One should have above 80% battery charge
- The boot loader of the device should be unlocked
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed
- The SlimLP ROM is in its alpha stage, hence the device might get various bugs with the installation. Proceed with extreme caution.
- The SlimLP ROM works only with OnePlus One. Using this on any other device could damage it. Therefore, verify model number of your device before proceeding.
- After the Android Lollipop custom ROM is installed, users are advised to give 10 minutes to the device for better user experience.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on OnePlus One with SlimLP alpha ROM
Step-1: Connect your OnePlus One to the PC using USB cable. Without extracting them transfer the downloaded files to the phone's storage and remember the location
Step-2: Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together for a few seconds
Step-3: While in recovery mode, first perform data wiping task. Select wipe data/factory reset and also wipe cache partition. Then go to mounts and storage and select format system
Note: This step will wipe all data of the phone, therefore ensure that you have backed up everything properly.
Step-4: Once the process is completed, return to the main recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard. Browse to the location where you have saved the SlimLP ROM, select it and confirm installation on the next screen
Step-5: After the ROM is installed, repeat the same procedure to install Gapps file on your OnePlus One
Step-6: When the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now
When your OnePlus One boots up successfully, it should be updated with SlimLP alpha ROM based on Android 5.0.2 update.