Jose Mourinho has suggested that Manchester United could bring forward their summer transfer plans to the upcoming January window if the right player become available.
The Portuguese boss made three additions to his ranks during the summer in the form of Romelu Lukaku, Victor Lindelod and Nemanja Matic.
It has been said that Mourinho is considering bolstering his squad further in January after having seen his side falling 11 points behind Manchester City in the Premier League table after only 17 games.
Arsenal contract rebel Mesut Ozil, Chelsea winger Willian, Tottenham Hotspur left-back Danny Rose and Valencia starlet Carlos Soler are some of the players linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent weeks.
Meanwhile, Marouane Fellaini's own future at United has also been under question in recent times, with the Belgium international out of contract at the end of the current season.
"I've nothing to say in relation to Fellaini," Mourinho said as quoted by M.E.N when asked about the future of towering midfielder.
"I'm not a big defender of the January market, but there are players and situations that sometimes you have the chance to do and you shouldn't lose the chance.
"I don't like the January market just to buy, that no, but if you can buy in January a player that you would buy in June or July and you have the chance to get him a few months before then great, but just that."
Antoine Griezmann has also been linked with United since earlier in the summer the Atletico Madrid star admitted that his chances of moving to Old Trafford were "six out of ten".
The Frenchman finally signed a new long-term deal at the La Liga giants, but Diego Simeone recently said that the forward will be allowed to leave Atletico "at some point" amid other reports linking him with Barcelona.
But pressed specifically about United's potential move for the France winger, Mourinho just said: "I don't speak about players. I don't speak about players, especially players that being to other clubs, there is no sense."
Meanwhile, the United boss might consider signing a new centre-back in January after on Friday (15 December) he revealed that Eric Bailly will need a surgery on his ankle which could keep him on the sidelines for around "two or three months".