Full-time: Manchester United 3-0 Saint-Etienne
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores his first Manchester United hat-trick and increases his tally for the season to 23 goals as hosts take a big step towards the last 16 of the Europa League
- Veteran striker's early free-kick trickles past Stephane Ruffier after a Vincent Pajot deflection
- Saint-Etienne let down by profligate finishing in the first half and are denied a penalty when Daley Blind brings down Jorginho
- United dominate the second period and extend their advantage when Ibrahimovic taps home substitute Marcus Rashford's cross from close range
- Confident Swede completes his 17th career treble from the spot after being caught by Kevin Theophile-Catherine
- Ibrahimovic, who has now scored 17 career goals against ASSE, and Fellaini both see efforts ruled out and Paul Pogba heads against the crossbar
- Paul Pogba goes head-to-head with elder brother Florentin in a competitive match for the first time
- Ander Herrera to miss next week's second leg at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard after picking up a yellow card
- Earlier: Gent 1-0 Tottenham
That is all for this particular blog. Thanks for following along.
IBTimes UK will be back at the weekend to provide live coverage of the FA Cup fifth round. Wolves vs Chelsea, Fulham vs Tottenham, Blackburn vs Manchester United and Sutton vs Arsenal all coming your way between Saturday-Monday.
Goodbye for now.
For all the talk about the Pogba brothers, tonight certainly belongs to Ibrahimovic. The 35-year-old's first United hat-trick and the 17th treble of his illustrious career all but clinches a place in the last 16 of the Europa League.
Manchester United 3-0 Saint-Etienne
Selnaes fouls Ibrahimovic and Pogba, eager to get his name on the scoresheet, sends a free-kick wide with Ruffier routed to the spot. That should be all she wrote.
Bailly swings a high boot as Malcuit tries to pick out Roux. The offside flag is up.
Four minutes of added time for ASSE to endure. They have looked extremely leggy in this second half.
Ibrahimovic sends Ruffier the wrong way from 12 yards to complete his first United hat-trick. Mourinho's side are in cruise control now and will take a very healthy lead over the channel next week.
Goal: Manchester United 3-0 Saint-Etienne (Zlatan Ibrahimovic)
The referee points to the spot after Ibrahimovic goes down under pressure from Theophile-Catherine. Not sure about that decision at all.
Penalty to Manchester United
Rashford charges in too hastily on Malcuit near the touchline and Veretout's free-kick is headed away by Ibrahimovic. He's useful in both boxes.
Martial's number goes up and Young comes on in his place. Just over five minutes plus stoppage time left to play.
Bailly gets the wrong side of Veretout and clumsily concedes a free-kick. Saivet's initial effort is blocked by the arm of Martial and the second is fired straight into the wall.
Ibrahimovic produces a fine piece of skill to outwit Malcuit. His low ball across the six-yard box is smashed away by Perrin.
Rashford rather sportingly helps Florentin Pogba try to overcome a bout of cramp. His brother does not look too convinced.
The Pogba vs Pogba show ends with the introduction of striker Beric. That is Saint-Etienne's final change.
Lingard almost extends United's lead further after being teed up by Valencia. His bending shot flies just past the post.
Make that 16 goals in 14 career games for Ibrahimovic against Saint-Etienne and 22 in all comps this term. Substitute Rashford is given far too much time to drive into the penalty area and races past Selnaes and Theophile-Catherine to the byline.
Ruffier gets a hand to his low cross. However, Florentin Pogba is unable to clear and Ibrahimovic is in the right place at the right time to tap home.
Goal: Manchester United 2-0 Saint-Etienne (Zlatan Ibrahimovic)
Selnaes does not stand on ceremony and picks out the run of Roux with an incisive pass. The former Lille forward tries to lift the ball over an advancing Romero but can only find the roof of the net.
Paul Pogba catches Veretout with an arm and quickly has his name taken. Galtier sends on Norwegian midfielder Ole Selnaes in place of Pajot.
Lingard enters the referee's notebook for a foul on Perrin. A pair of long-range efforts are then blocked before a charging Martial proves too tricky for Saivet.
Pogba heads Blind's free-kick against the crossbar from close range. That should have been 2-0.